Monday, July 18, 2011

Now that he's seen the dress...

When I decided on a 'Green' wedding, the first recycled item I looked for was the dress. Here's how I did it. First, I went to all the boutiques and found the model numbers of the dresses I really liked (Like is a key word here, it was important not to have a favorite) Then I waited. You need to wait for the dress to go 'out of season' so that online sellers have a chance to buy and wear it to their wedding and sell it after. These were the dresses that I liked:




And of course this guy:


I purchased my dress in January from a woman in NC who had not altered hers. I paid $150 for the dress and another $100 getting it altered and cleaned.

I loved that my dress was inexpensive, and that it got double the life of a typical wedding gown.

You can always be green by selling or borrowing out your wedding gown, but since I knew that my wedding was outdoors- I figured it would not be in good condition afterwards. I was right.

People seemed very surprised to find out that it was a second hand dress. I loved it!




-Liz

0 comments:

Post a Comment