Monday, April 25, 2011

Outlook Inbox: Empty

So, I totally get that weddings are an overblown tradition. I have definitely found myself wrapped up in all of it's stresses and pressures and am constantly reminding myself that is no big deal. But it is. I have been trying to be as accommodating to everyone as possible and so far have had very few people take advantage of this.

Not at work though. I feel like I am a dedicated employee...(I say this while blogging at work, but that's beside the point) On more than one occasion I have been called in during my vacation time, been refused time off because 'Im needed here' and on two occasions I have come in dead sick for an hour or two 'to help catch up'.

With time ticking away, and only 2 1/2 months to go, I am left wondering...will I be dreaming of my wedding the day prior from my stuffy cube?




Is it wrong to expect my work to understand that I will require time off for my wedding?
I have requested the bare minimum time off, a lousy 3 1/2 days to pull together a completely DIY wedding. The only reason I spaz about this is because I requested the time off 2 months ago and still no word.

My wonderful coworker SPG will be getting hitched about 3 hours before me, so at least I have someone in the same 'cube' with me.

-Liz

0 comments:

Post a Comment