Friday, June 17, 2011

L-O-V-E

It's 3 weeks away from the wedding and I am finding everything SO exciting at this point. I'm loving that I have all my little things finished up so that I don't have to do anything.

I am loving that it's so close I can get FREE long range forecasts (I know they aren't accurate by any means, but it makes me feel good). I'm loving this one in particular because not only does it say it isn't going to rain, it's in my wedding colors! haha!
Monticello, Minnesota 30 Day Weather Forecast

I'm also loving all the emotions that I am feeling right now. I previously posted about my anxiety of the shower last weekend. What I have learned is that regardless of any awkward and anxious moments, the feeling that people genuinely support and love me is the most overwhelming and amazing feeling that it overrides any qualms about the gift giving process. I'm feeling lucky to have NPZ's and my own amazing family and friends who support and love us. This wedding process has really shown us how much we are cared for.

This weekend will be our last totally free weekend before the wedding, so Im loving the options that we have. Tonight we are planning on going to the Twins game but the weather calls for this:

So if that happens we will head out to B-Town for some B-Town Days celebration! I LOVE Buffalo Days because everyone is there from High School and its so much drinking and fun having!

On Saturday, I am planning on going with NPZ's mom to the mall to pick out my bridesmaid dress for her wedding in October. I am really excited for her wedding because it will be held in the Windy City and since I have never been there. For the wedding, she is having all the girls wear a black dress so it shopping shouldn't be too difficult. I'm loving these ones:






Then Sunday is Father's Day. NPZ would like to celebrate his father on Saturday because the drive is quite long, especially on a Sunday (NPZ likes to tell people he doesn't leave the house on Sunday's) NPZ wanted to do something special for his dad this year because of everything that his dad has done for us this year. Not just with the wedding, but with the house too. NPZ is really lucky to have such a great dad and it makes me feel really good that he appreciates that.



Father's Day has always been very bittersweet for me, but I think that it is still a great holiday because even though my dad was only with me for 12 years, the impact he's had on my life has been tremendous. I think it is a testimate to how important the role of being a good dad can be, and I am blessed to have had mine in my life, even if it was for only a short period of time.



Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

On Monday, my work week will resume as usual. Until the next weekend!

-Liz







2 comments:

Laynie said...

R.I.P BRH, (or as I will now refer to his initials as BRaH, like gangster for bro,) you are missed dearly. Liz, you're so thoughtful and elagant with your words and I'm envious of that. You always know how to say what I'm feeling and have a lack of words for. Hope your weekend is great!

Laynie said...

Oh, and I also wanted to share that at Amanda and Barbs house yesterday I saw a photo of Lydia and Amanda at the ages of 3 and 4 Id guess. James was also in the photo. In the picture of Dad above and the photo of James, I see striking resemblence of my boy in there! Forehead and nose. And the white patch. It makes me very thankful for genes! Im so happy that even though hes not here with us we get those subtle reminders. Im so excited to see his subtle reminders he will live through with your and James' children too.

Post a Comment