Tuesday, May 24, 2011

'Scumbag'

On Tuesday we experienced our first hail storm as homeowners.



The hail was the biggest Ive experienced but the damage was minimal, except for our roof. We will have an insurance adjuster out soon enough to determine how much damage is actually there.

One thing about storms, is that it brings everyone and their brother outside...which would be fine if our neighbor wasn't a passive aggressive a-hole. He's been hibernating all winter so I had almost forgotten what a douche bag he was, but it all came rushing back when NPZ told him that we were gonna have to call the insurance company about our roof...I see it play back in slow motion, the word coming off his lips, 'sccuuummbaaag', he says to NPZ in response.

Honestly, I have no idea how NPZ can restrain himself with this guy. If I had the upper body strength; I woulda popped him right there. He has like 200 lbs on me though so I pretend he doesn't exist most of the time. It was fine once we went in the house and shut the door.



Then, yesterday, NPZ and I decided to cook out. Bad idea, the a-hole came over and started telling NPZ that he would take care of spraying chemicals on our yard to get rid of any weeds...NPZ and I are brand new homeowners, so this was a task that we were actually looking forward to doing. NPZ had spent 3 hours watching online tutorials and researching the best products and then another hour at the store. NPZ said it perfectly, what kind of guy wants to hear a compliment about their nice yard and say, 'Hey thanks, my neighbor did it.' But the guy just wouldn't shut up about it, and kept saying things like, 'Oh, I guess I'm just old and stupid' and 'Oh, I haven't lived here my whole life or anything' all sarcastically. It seems like he has to disagree with everything that we say or do. It totally ruined our night.

We started considering this kind of fence:

But the city would likely say no.

We did manage to get something awesome done yesterday! Nick's Best Aunt D got us a new post box for a housewarming gift and it is so perfect! I love how it looks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment