Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back.

So, NPZ and I have not been having the best week or two...I feel like I have been handling pretty well considering. Last night, we had a bunch of errands to run after work- we went to Home Depot and purchased all the materials needed to start working on our fence. Then after that we went back home and I started cleaning up since I will be having company the next two nights. My house is a pig-sty right now so this was hard work.

After I got to a good point to stop, I decided it might be smart to look for an outift to wear to the Groom's Dinner tonight. I opened the closet door to a complete catastrophe.

My wire closet system had come undone and there were clothes everywhere! It was also about 9:45 pm, and my normal bedtime is 10 pm. NPZ heard the horror and came running upstairs. He swore a bunch then told me I had too many clothes. Then I cried. It wasn't because of the closet. I just needed to.

Molly cheered me up a bit and NPZ just let me be, which was good.

He started clearing out the mess and trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

I couldn't just sit there crying while he fixed my closet, so I started to help by rummaging through my clothes. Once they were all out, I decided that, yes, I do have too many clothes. Not that there is such a thing, but I have junk. Stuff I know that I will never ever wear, stuff that doesn't look good on me that I never returned, gifts from people that I keep even though I don't like them.

So at 10pm, I organized my closet. My kid sister is up visiting for the J&J wedding tomorrow (woot woot!) so I will have her go through all the stuff before I hand it over to the Goodwill.

Finally at 11 pm, NPZ called me to come to bed- and finally told me that my face looked like Halloween. Geez. Mascara mess!

Also, I still have no clue what I will wear to this dinner tonight, work clothes it is!
Anyways, here's to a better day today! And a wedding tomorrow!

Man, I need a drink! Cheers!

-Liz

0 comments:

Post a Comment