Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summertime and the Living is Easy...

I know my wedding is far from over, but I am already planning my life after that day.

I am totally looking forward to backyard BBQ's with our city pals B&A and of course Sammy. We have quite a bit of work to do to get ready for that at our house.

We have the fence up but not finished, we have a few gates to put up and some staining yet to do. But here's a little sneak peak:

Check out the pretty lawn in this pic! NPZ has been working pretty hard, and it is definitely paying off!

With all the wacky fence guidelines in our town, we really didn't have much to chose from as far as styles, but I actually like the way our new fence looks. The photo above shows the gap between our neighbors house and garage where we will need to plant tall shrubs to keep him away. This portion of the fence is also where NPZ told grouchy neighbor 'where to go' on Saturday. (More on that later)


We got a quote from the Home Depot a few weeks ago but in the midst of J&J's wedding I had little time to actually look at it. It's within our budget and we found out that we won't need to connect to our house so that means we save some ching on permits as well. I am really excited to have some where to hang out this summer...I think it will be nice.





I'm thinking of rewarding myself for wedding planning and getting myself a 'wedding gift' after the wedding. I found this guy at BigLots website and for $179 for the entire set I think its a pretty good deal! I think I can add the swivel chairs, hammock and new cushions (not loving the ones in the picture) for under $500. I just need to cross my fingers that we stay on budget with this wedding and we will be all set for a relaxing summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment